Saturday, August 30, 2008

1st Week & Ramblings...

Hip hip hooray! The first week is officially over. With 3 missed days the first official week, we kept referring to each day this last week as finishing what technically would have been the first week. We finished our first entire week and it is a good thing it finally ended. I have an extremely different group of kids this year and I have lots of issues to work through in my room, but as the week came to an end I was confident enough that I can and I will make it work. I have already been asked where babies come from. Are you kidding me?? Can you imagine my response!? Not only was it off topic, but I was not about to go there. Period. I said something along the lines of, "Babies have nothing to do with what we are talking about." Which was true, it was completely off topic. Oh boy. Was that a sign? Ha! I think my kids are going to teach me a lot this year. I am trying to soak in as much as I can recently. I think life in general has a lot of lessons that it is trying to teach me and I haven't been listening. I am going to be better at listening to myself. I always try to help everyone and somehow I put myself last on the list every time. Last night after being silly with a bunch of girls from work, I came home late with the intentions to complete 2 school assignments. One for each class. Both were due by 11:59 pm. I got home and before I could hardly change my clothes, I was off to go out to dinner. What? Where did this fit in with the homework plan? We got to dinner to meet with some friends at a local restaurant and we were treated like we were less than human. You can just imagine the thoughts that were racing my brain. I will spare you the details, but let's just say I woke up in a panic this morning and I had not done either assignment. The important thing is that we learn from our mistakes. Lesson learned. I just hope it didn't cost me graduation this semester. That would be a hefty price to pay and another costly life lesson. Fingers crossed...

1 comment:

MAUREEN said...

Life will always teach you (the hard way) what you need to know.
MIL