Monday, January 1, 2007

New Years and random thoughts!

So, we rang in the new year in Sarasota with Josh's family. We had a great time! Us girls went out for a nice dinner while the boys watched the Bear's game at a bar. After dinner we met up with them just in time for our midnight kiss! While in Sarasota we got to see the house that his parent's just purchased for Jay and Pat (Josh's brothers). The how is to die for. It is truly a dream home. It is water front, in a beautiful neighborhood with a pool and lots of amentities. I believe it was built in 2005. It looks BRAND new. It was really nice to sit back and relax with this whole housing thing and watch other people stress over it. I am relieved and will enjoy paying our low mortgage payment for quite some time. There really is no rush. You just get so caught up in the moment and try to think of every way possible to make something work that just cannot. It literally consumes you. My mother's neighbors have decided to stay which I really figured they would. Josh would prefer to put a SMALL amount of distance between us anyhow. I don't blame him. I have decided to focus on and enjoy all of the wonderful things that I have in my life instead of concentrating on things that I would like to have or "need". I definitely do not NEED to move. So, it was great seeing Josh's parents again, but it was much harder to leave them this time knowing we wouldn't see them again until they come next winter (assuming they purchase a winter home between now and then).

No comments: