Wednesday, January 3, 2007
Meanest Teacher in the WHOLE world...
So, I am officially IT! Maybe it was my lack of sleep the last two nights, maybe it wasn't. Our first day back today went VERY smoothly. All of my kids were so well-behaved! We had a big discussion this morning on our New Year's Resolutions. I told them that as a class I want them to work on being good friends. I told them I want everyone using kind words and trying their best. They were truly on their best behavior! I am sure tomorrow they will snap right back, but I only moved one kid to yellow for not finishing any of his work and he completed it all and went back to green. Then, the day is almost done and we get back from PE. B suddenly punches T in the arm. Hmmm...She didn't know why he punched her and he went into shut down mode. So, I told him he needed to change his apple and come sit at my table because he would not be allowed to stay sitting next to her. Surprisingly he changed his apple, but refused to move his seat. So I moved him. I was kicked nurmous times in my shins for doing so, but that was the risk I took. He wouldn't stay where I put him. He was sliding all around the floor. He would not stop screaming and all of this was during QUIET time. OH BOY! So, just when I felt my blood boiling and I was REALLY losing my patience I put him in Sue's room next door. For ten minutes all I heard were terrible bangs and crashes. Evidently he was trashing her whole housekeeping center. Then in an instant there was complete silience. I called over to her room to ask if she had him removed. She didn't. He just tired himself out. We went to the playground and I left him in her room to clean up the mess he made. We came back and he joined us like nothing ever happened. Poor B had to watch everyone else play at centers while he traced sentences that read... I will not punch my friends. I will not kick Mrs. Capps. When I am angry I will sit quietly. But hey FAIR IS FAIR. However, I feel that I am the MEANEST.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment