Sunday, May 11, 2008

Another Success Story!

So I completely goofed this year and started incubating on a Monday. I really knew better than this!! Whatever day of the week that you start them is the approximate day that they will hatch. You should always aim for a midweek start to guarantee the kids will be in the classroom for part or all of the hatch. They usually tend to come a day or two early. So, if you start on Wednesday, the earliest hatch is typically a Monday. There are just so many things to think about when you are starting the incubation process that this minor/MAJOR detail was left out. I had to bring the incubator home for both the turkeys and the ducks!

We woke up in the morning to "Brownie" flopping around. He had just hatched.
This is Brownie just a couple hours after hatching, when he was dry.


"Yellowie" starting to break through.


A little closer...


Ahhh! Finally!


Yellowie is resting next to Brownie after a lot of hard work!


No comments: