He really IS a lucky duck. He is the only duck out of 12 eggs from the incubator in my classroom. We are so thankful to have him! I made sure the kids understood from the day that we started that we would be LUCKY if we had ONE duck. Sure enough we had ONE :) I can't even describe what an amazing experience it has been for the kids. There are not words to explain their faces and their pure joy and fascination. Even the "worst" child brings out there best qualities when you see their genuine concern for another life.
So, our biggest concern was...One duck...how will it socialize? How will it act? Well, it relates VERY well to people. This duck is picked up throughout the day by various teachers and has people lined up to babysit on the weekends. Sometimes at the end of the day he is not even back in the room before I leave. He is well LOVED by all of the faculty at my school!
Born: 4/16/07
Born: 4/16/07

No comments:
Post a Comment